Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Scary People on buses...have a banana oat pancake!

Today is Tuesday.

So, I must say...

YESTERDAY, as I was waiting for the bus, a man approached me.
He was oldish. He was wearing a button down shirt, and he was definitely not wearing an undershirt.
Because I can say he had old people skin with freckles on his tummy!
hmm...

anyhoo. he started asking me questions that i didn't want to answer.
so i made stuff up (for my own safety!!)

Man: So, you take the bus often?
Me: No...not really...sort of...welll....hmmm hah haaa
Man: What school do you go to?
Me: UCLA
Man: Oh, UCLA. That's a good school. I'm there a lot to teach film classes.
What are you majoring in?
Me: Uhh...biology!

sidenote...WHAT??

blah blah blah

I won't bore you with the entire dialogue,
but in short,
at the end of the conversation,
I was
Erica, third-year UCLA student. Major: biology.
Living on "that street, riiiigghhhtt back there."
And
I regularly watch KCET.
And I exercise sometimes (my response upon his insisting I exercise...).

Work was okay.
I sat at my desk and then left when it was time to go home.

On the bus, there was a scary man.
He said scary things and was mean and scary to a nice old woman.
Hmph.

Came home and had
cod with rice and beans
and
a nice big salad of lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers and corn!
followed by watermelon, apple chips, corn puffs and banana!
I forgot to take a picture! Sorry.
I will remember tomorrow!

Then, I went for an evening run with some of the best people ever.
we talked and ran
and laughed and ran
and talked and hugged.
so happy!

Ooo!
Tomorrow. our potluck!
Still on the fence about what to make.

A summery chilled carrot soup?
Pasta with summer squash and tomatoes?
Salad with soba noodles?

I was going to bake a pie, but I want to stray off the beaten path a bit this time!
Hmm...though I sort of do want to use my new silicone baking cups!
or my pie dish!
or the beautiful flower shaped cake pan I got for my birthday from my lovely friend!

If I did bake something,
I would want to do
a blueberry pie!
or
snickerdoodle cupcakes.
mmm cinnamon and sugar. delicious.
i do have an awesome honey walnut cake.

so many options!!

sometimes (who am i kidding, all the time),
I wish we all had an abyss for a stomach.
and we could eat and eat and eat and our taste buds would be jumping up and down and nodding with glee
but we'd never eat ourselves sick.

ooo.gluttony.
no, i take it back!

maybe it'd be simpler if i wished for portion control.
hehe

i am going to go on a morning run and then have some oat pancakes!
again, the whole measurements thing is new to me (I usually just look at the consistency of the batter!), but i'm thinking...

1/2 cup oats
1 mashed banana
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup almond milk

but i'll make it tomorrow and return with corrections/confirmation!
But for now,
good night!



No comments:

Post a Comment