Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sharing!

Hello!
I was encouraged to start a blog by my lovely friends who were intrigued (and sometimes weirded out) by my eating habits and eating favorites.
I must admit, sometimes I guess I can see why my friends would stare...
=)

My love of food began when I was born.
The photo albums have documented baby me with corn in hand,
beans in mouth,
bread, cookies...
BUT I believe my eating habits were most shaped by my gran
dma!
The darling Sarah! She was a doctor in Korea.
Her practice was in a remote, rural area, and she always tells
me stories of how her patients used to bring fresh eggs or vegetables to pay for their treatments!
I always thought that was so cool.
Then, when her family moved to America, she had to give all that up and thus began a series of difficult, physically taxing jobs--laundry, a small quick
mart, and finally--A HEALTH FOOD STORE.
ah, ze best.
i didn't realize until recently, actually, when my mom brought it up--
"you probably eat the way you do because of what grandma always
fed you!"
'tis true. my parents worked, so I would be dropped off at the store every morning until I was about twelve or thirteen.
Breakfast would usually be sprouted grain toast with egg whites, oatmeal and raisins (she always sprinkled flax seeds--which made me feel like a grown up because my grandpa would have it too) and fruit.
I remember having soy dogs and tabouli for lunch! I loved those. She would send me out to buy tomatoes at the market across the street, and I'd spend way too long trying to get the best ones. It makes me laugh because I think i was around ei
ght when I did this!
I don't want to make this post too long, so I'll just jump to what I'm excited for!

I made some overnight oats for myself and my family!
I almost always go to bed excited for breakfast (my roommate and I could have made a gazillion page book of nights we talked about this)!
I never take measurements of how much of what I eat, but after following many a food blog, I decided this is best (and most convenient for whoever wants to make whatever concoction i'm making --and eating! tehe)

1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon chia seeds
some vanilla

1/4 cup yogurt
1/4 cup almond milk


mix and put in fridge for the morning!
and then add whatever you want right before eating (I like bananas--or any fruit!, chopped dried apricots and granola or cereal! and maybe some almond butter and chocolate chips!)

More tomorrow!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment